Hi, my name is Emre Motan, and I want to help you learn about Microsoft BI and Data Warehousing. Not just about all the fascinating technical aspects, mind you, but also about professional development and the community involved in this niche of the IT industry.
One More Blog to Add to the Millions?
With more than 166 million blogs why is there a need for one more? I believe every blog offers a unique experience particularly if it’s focused in its content and delivery. To that end, here is an outline of this blog’s direction:
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Data Warehousing using SQL Server
- SQL Server database engine
- Types of positions using these technologies
- Educational opportunities related to these technologies
- Professional community involvement and events
- Interviews about companies
- Interviews about professionals
But Why do You Want to Start a Blog?
It’s quite simple, really: I’ve had so many “ah-hah” moments in the past couple years that I feel compelled to share them. Since I started learning as much as I could, as fast I could, in earnest about a year and a half ago, I’ve come a long way with the help of books and the SQL community. Previously, I designed systems to automate and better the work I was doing in ways that I knew would help my team but I had no idea how to implement my designs. There were so many things I didn’t know then that I know now and I want to help people get to those “ah-hah” moments sooner.